Second in the series offers five more tips on writing fiction:
1. Note that the most realistic and relatable characters are flawed. Find something good about your villain and something dark in your hero’s past. It is commonly done.
2. Avoid telling readers too much about the characters. Instead, show the characters’ personalities through their actions and interactions.
3. Give your characters difficult obstacles to overcome. Make them suffer. That way, when they triumph, it will be even more rewarding.
4. Always explore the human side of your characters.
5. Use many sub-plots to create and strengthen an intriguing master plot.